Web Application Development Engineer
Mindtech develops a unique software platform, Chameleon, for the creation and curation of training data, an essential component in the development of AI systems used for computer vision. The output of the Chameleon platform is fully annotated synthetic images created by “filming” virtual worlds.
To meet the demands created by the wide variety of emerging opportunities, we are expanding our development team to accelerate growth.
The Senior Web Application Development Engineer will be responsible primarily for the development of web applications for 3D asset management and Chameleon dataset curation. You will be structuring and improving the frontend of the current application, taking ownership of the product, and bringing the user experience to the next level. There will also be opportunity to work on backend development as well as database implementation, which enable end users to prepare datasets for their neural network training efficiently.
- Comprehensive knowledge of web application development. Ability to structure the application and assess the suitability of different technologies
- Proficient in backend development using NodeJS, knowing Python and Flask is a bonus
- Experience working with relational database such as MySQL
- Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to work as part of a distributed team
Take responsibility for developing and maintaining the current web applications of Asset and Data Curation Manager. Revamp the frontend with modular and reusable components, as well as update the backend accordingly. Work with UI/UX engineer to improve the presentation of the application and enhance its usability. Propose and implement solutions for product requirements in response to technical market requirements.
Create development plans for your work and track the execution of the design work to the plan.
Report development progress to management.
Experience and Education
5 years direct, hands-on experience with web application development.
Good technical degree (BSc, MSc, BEng or MEng) in computer science or equivalent experience.
Sheffield or Kings Langley